Source Flickr / megane_wakui
Source Flickr / megane_wakui
It’s a free to play MMORPG, if anyone’s interested.
I think this sums up perfectly the “why is the new Captain America black” thing.
Self-reblog, but when I posted this back in 2013 I had hardly any followers. It’s still as true today as it was then.
I’m way late doing this, oops. It’s been sitting in my drafts for ages while I figured out some answers.
I was tagged by elli-dawn
1.What is something you really enjoy?
Conventions and cosplay. I have so much fun and it’s really great to meet others who are into the same things. I’ve made some…
1. Do you cosplay, and if so what is your favourite cosplay so far?
I do cosplay, as my followers will no doubt know. My main cosplay is my self-built Commander Shepard N7 armour from Mass Effect. This year I’ll also start off as Bright Noa at some cons, but that’s just a purchased costume I bought so I have an outfit that doesn’t involve body armour.
2. If there were no limitations in your way (money, time, anything that would otherwise stop you), what character would you cosplay?
Probably Geese Howard from Fatal Fury/various SNK games. Maybe Leonidas from 300 if I had the body!
3. What is a live-action series you would recommend everyone watch?
A recent surprise for me was The West Wing. I didn’t watch it when it was on TV, but a little while back it came on Netflix and I honestly couldn’t stop watching it after the first couple of episodes. It’s awesome, even if you have no interest in the governmental subject material (the characters and humour are fantastic).
4. What is an animated series you would recommend everyone watch?
Cowboy Bebop. I don’t think I need to say much else.
5. Where would you most want to live in the world?
A house I own. I’m not so worried about place. I’ve lived in that many places that I’ve learned I can get by almost anywhere.
6. What is your current obsession?
Recently? Cosplay, again. I need to finish the new gun for my Shepard costume.
7. If given the option to travel to another world of your choice, with no guarantee you would ever return, would you?
Depends. I have reasons to stay, but I’d definitely consider it.
8. What is the weather like where you live at the moment?
9. If you could have one super power, what would you want?
"If I could fly, AND be invisible… That’d be the best."
Probably showing my age with that quote.
Seriously though, the power of flight would be amazing.
10. What is your favourite book?
Ask me once a month and I’ll give you a different answer, but the last two books that really gripped me were William Gibson’s Neuromancer and Frank Herbert’s Dune.
11. You’re going into battle against a great evil. What weapon do you pick?
Gunbuster, or The Lens.
I’ve answered 12 already (see my previous answers), but for the others:
24) I sleep with one pillow. While I’m talking about this, I tend to sleep on my right-hand-side, and I’m a morning person (I have to wake up at 5:45am on weekdays, so no choice there).
36) My favourite restaurant? Hard to say. I actually like to cook a lot, so would it be conceited to say my own kitchen? In terms of going out, I prefer to go for stuff I can’t make well at home (or is arduous to make) so French food or a very good Chinese place.
48) Last time I laughed so hard my stomach hurt? Easy - I watched this:
Eating good food that’s both healthy and cheap seems to be an unattainable golden trifecta to most people. Student author Leanne Brown took up the challenge to find a way to eat well for $4 a day. The result is a a cookbook that you can download for free.
Saw this earlier; thought I’d post it so I can check it out later.
This is it. This is the pinnacle of nerdom. This is the greatest height of nerdery that has ever been reached before.
Peter in Loki’s body on a bus downtown to the real Loki and making an excuse that he’s going to a comic convention.
Never will such levels of pure fucking nerd ever be seen again, it’s just not possible. This is a beautiful day, I am glad I am alive to experience this, god bless.
I’m seriously thinking of getting a WiiU in the next couple of months; probably the next time they have a price drop I’ll jump for one.
Anyone else come out of E3 thinking that?
Still, this was a useful article.
Best cosplay Eva!!
Really creative work here; I’ve seen a few Tardis dresses, but this is a new one for me!
Really curious to see how someone might take the same concept and adapt something like a Warbird, Bird-of-prey or DS9!
Seeing people the same age as you doing awesome things with their life
Bit of helpful advice for anyone who feels like this regularly:
I know there are a lot of things that get in the way of doing stuff, but one of the most common is planning.
Yeah, you might not be able to afford to go see the Great Wall and Terracotta Warriors right now, but if you wait until you can, you’ll have to plan everything out. If you get out a pad and do a little research, maybe get some cheap travel books or go to the library for them, you’ll be able to work out what it could cost, when you might want to go, etc.
I find knowing I have a lot of cool things planned to do helps a lot, and I’ve finally reached a point in my life where I can actually do many of them.
So try not to feel so down :( If you’re the kind of person who wants to travel the world, start making a list of where you want to go today!
so Charlotte Bronte read Emma by Jane Austen and was really interested in this minor character named Jane Fairfax who was poor and would have been a governess had she not married well and then Bronte wrote her own novel exploring the plight of the poor governess who married this guy named Edward Fairfax Rochester in a novel called Jane Eyre and my point is don’t let anyone tell you shit about fanfiction.
I get so excited when people send me asks, like you could literally just send me one that says pancakes and I’d be so flattered that you took the time to send me that
4) I was never in a “clique”, no. In British English, that term tends to mean a group of people who have a “closed group” of friends; I’m quite inclusive so that’s never suited me.
8) It’d be a bit arduous to find an example of my handwriting; I haven’t handwritten anything since school-days. I’ve been able to touch-type since I was 13, so I’ve endeavoured to do that as much as possible my entire life. My handwritten scribbles can’t keep up with the rate at which I want to write (compared to my typing speed) so it always ends up a complete mess.
15) “Things about someone I find attractive” - Personality, i.e. chemistry for me is really vital. I need someone who I really understand, and who understands me - not necessarily right away, but we both need to have the desire to reach that understanding. Everything else either comes in time, or fades in time. You’re with someone you think of as your best friend; the first person you call when you get a promotion at work, or when your dog dies - that’s the person you should be with IMO.
16) Answered this in a prior ask; recently been listening to stuff by the South Park guys after finding Baseketball on Netflix.
23) My birthday is in the summer, so usually there’s 26 other things going on.
42) “Strangest thing I’ve ever eaten” - I ate a lot of stuff in Japan where I only have a vague idea what it was. I did once eat something at a sushi place, ordered by a Japanese friend, after which the chef said to him “your foreign friend drinks for free tonight”. To this day I have no idea what it was.
Thanks for the asks!